Preschoolers like to get into the carnival spirit too. We have some Mardi Gras Preschool Activities, a Mardi Gras sensory bin idea and a Mardi Gras Preschool Printable for you to download!
Table of Contents
Mardi Gras Sensory Bin
Everything in the Mardi Gras sensory bin can be found at Walmart, Party City or the Dollar Tree and of course everything is purple, green and gold.
In our Mardi Gras sensory bin:
- beads cut in various lengths
- Mardi Gras Cup
- measuring cup and spoon
- Mardi Gras Rubber Duck
- plastic fleur de lis
Mardi Gras Preschool Printable
Mardi Gras Preschool Pack Includes
- Color By Sight Words
- B is for Beads Writing Page and Puzzle
- M is for Mask Writing Page and Puzzle
- 3 Part Cards
- Beginning Sounds Cards
- Patterning Cards
- Counting Cards
- Size Sorting
- I Spy
Download – Mardi Gras Preschool Pack
Mardi Gras Books for Preschoolers
Books are a great way to teach children about Mardi Gras. Here are a few of our favorites that are perfect for Preschoolers.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
- Gaston Goes to Mardi Gras
- Little Purple Mardi Gras Bead
- Mimi’s First Mardi Gras
- Mimi and Jean-Paul’s Cajun Mardi Gras
- Spy Boy, Cheyenne, and 96 Crayons: A “Mardi Gras” Indian’s Story
- The King Cake Baby
- Jenny Giraffe’s Mardi Gras Ride
- Juju and Jazz in Courir de Mardi Gras Razzmatazz
- Mary Pasnootsie Learns Her Lessons Well: Sharing
- The Little Float that Could
Mardi Gras Crafts for Preschoolers
Using this pattern and purple green and gold construction paper, you can make your own Mardi Gras Jester Hats.
You can color them, add glitter, and jewels. Get creative and let the kids have fun!
Mardi Gras Shakers
There are two ways you can make these.
One is with paper plates. You’ll need 2 plates per child, some beans or rice (beads could work too) and markers and glitter to decorate. Put the rice or beans inside one of the plates, then staple or tape the other plate on top, Now have the kids decorate their shakers with markers, glitter, and paint.
The second way is with water bottles. You need one empty / dried bottle per child, beads, beans, or rice, paint and hot glue. First fill the bottle with the beads, beans or rice, then hot glue the lid securely on. Next have the kids paint their bottles with purple, green and gold paint.
Mardi Gras Masks
There are several ways you can make Mardi Gras masks.
1) Using the pattern in the Mardi Gras Printable Pack. Print on cardstock, cut out the eyes and glue a straw on the side for the stick. Kids can decorate the mask with feathers, paint, glitter, markers etc.
2) Paper Plate Masks: you’ll need paper plates cut into masks shapes, straws for the sick, glue, crayons, markers, pompoms and pipe cleaners. Let the kids decorate the masks with the pipe cleaners, markers, crayons and pom poms then glue the straw to the side of the mask as a stick.
3) Handprint mask like these from That’s what She Said.
This is one of the simplest crafts you can do with preschoolers. Bead painting and fun and a little messy and kids love it.
Mardi Gras Recipes
Mini DIY King Cakes
These mini king cakes are super easy for kids to make and perfect for preschoolers.
Mardi Gras Treats
More Mardi Gras themed treats the preschoolers can help make and will love.
More Mardi Gras in New Orleans Posts You Should Check Out:
- Homemade King Cake with Cream Cheese Filling
- Mardi Gras at Walt Disney World
- New Orleans Krewe of House Floats
- Mardi Gras With A Special Needs Child
- Tips for Staying Healthy during Carnival
- Tips for Having a Fun Sober Mardi Gras
- 2024 Jefferson Parish Parade Schedule
- 2024 New Orleans Parade Schedule
- 2024 Pensacola Mardi Gras Events