The sun is out, the days are long, and it is time to change those date night/day routines. Whether you are in a serious relationship, married, or just starting something new, we have some sizzling ideas to make your Summer date night in New Orleans HOT!
Table of Contents
Take a Sightseeing Tour
New Orleans is known for its many historical sites. Summer is one of the best times to be a tourist. You can do everything from taking a Ghost Tour to a Garden District Tour. While we live in a city filled with unique tours, you can always plan your own tour using sites like Free Tours by Foot.
Go on a Hike
Take a hike. We suggest Couturie Forest in New Orleans City Park or the Lafitte Barataria Preserve-New Orleans. Whichever you choose, be sure to bring a picnic lunch and take time to enjoy each other's company.
Cool Down by a New Orleans Pool
New Orleans is home to some of the best pools, which allow you to visit for the day. So if a Staycation is on your agenda, check out these pools.
- NOPSI Hotel – Day passes start at $60
- Ace Hotel– $20 cover charge on weekdays from 10 am to 5 pm, no cover charge from 5 pm – 10 pm. Not open to the public on weekends.
- The Chloe – Daily from 11 am – 9 pm. $40 for a lounge chair or $80 for a table, including a complimentary beverage.
- The Drifter Hotel-Admission is $15 per session. There is also a $299 annual membership you can purchase.
- The Country Club– Open daily from 10 am – 11 pm. Admission is $20.
Grab a Cocktail on a Rooftop
There is nothing better than sipping your favorite cocktail while looking down at your favorite city. We found some pretty good rooftop bars that the Big Easy has to offer.
- Hot Tin- Pontchartrain Hotel
- Rooftop Terrace-Catahoula Hotel
- The Frenchman Hotel
- Alto-Ace Hotel
Road Trip It- For the Day
Do you need to get away but don't really have the time? We found some excellent date road trip ideas just a short distance from the Crescent City.
- Abita Springs, LA- Abita Brewery Tour/Abita Mystery House
- Avery Island, LA-Tabasco Tour/Jungle Gardens
- Breaux Bridge, LA-Bayou Teche Experience
- Gulfport, MS-Ship Island/Beaches/Shopping
- St. Francisville, LA-Tunica Hills/Myrtles Plantation/Shopping
Have a picnic in New Orleans City Park
New Orleans City Park has so much to offer. You can literally make it a whole date day/night.
- Sculpture Gardens
- Grab some beignets at Cafe Du Monde
- City Putt
- New Orleans Museum of Art
- Botanical Gardens
- Act like a kid again in the Carousel Gardens Amuseument Park
- Walking Tour
Fest with the Best
As we all know, New Orleans is home to some of the best Festivals. Festivals are the perfect date ideas. Below are a few you can catch this summer.
- ESSENCE Festival – 7/1-5/2022
- Running of the Bulls– 7/9/2022
- Tales of the Cocktail – 7/25-7/29/2022
- White Linen Night– 8/6/2022
- Satchmo Summerfest – 8/6-7/2022
- Red Dress Run-8/13/2022
Visit A Museum
New Orleans is home to some of the best museums in the country! Spend your day visiting one of these great museums with your love. BONUS they are air-conditioned, which is needed in the summer heat.
- Ogden Museum of Southern Art
- Contemporary Art Center
- National War World 2 Museum
- Mardi Gras World
- Southern Food and Beverage Museum
- Edgar Degas House Museum
Have fun in the French Quarter
Yes, it's a bit cliche, but there is a lot of fun to be had in the French Quater!
- Go on a French Quarter Food and Cocktail Tour
- Take a romantic carriage Ride
- Go for a romantic walk along the river and have beignets at Cafe Du Monde.
- Take a river cruise
- Have dinner at your favorite French Quarter restaurant and listen to live music
What fun date nights are you planning this summer?